Pickleball is a fun, social sport that can be played at various levels and locations. In fact, you can even set up your own court in your driveway, parking lot, or any other hard, flat surface. This makes pickleball the perfect activity for BBQ’s, family gatherings, and social events!
What You Need:
- Portable Pickleball Net: we use the Gamma Portable Pickleball Net which you can get for 25% OFF here with code: PICKLEPLAY25
- Measuring Tape: court dimensions are 20’ x 44’ with ideally an extra 5’-10’ behind the baselines for serving and playing the ball off a bounce.
- Tape or Chalk: you can use painters tape, duct tape, masking tape, or chalk for marking out lines. It is much easier to make straight lines with tape unless you have a chalk line to snap.
- Paddles: check out our partners Franklin Sports, Gamma Sports, & Wild Monkeys Pickleball for discounted paddles using the following codes:
- Pickleballs: Franklin X-40 Pickleballs are the official ball of the PicklePlay app! The CLUBPICKLEPLAY code mentioned above also works on pickleballs! Also remember that if your club or private group reaches over 100 members on the app you qualify for 100 FREE pickleballs! Email [email protected] with questions!
The court itself is 20’ wide and 44’ feet long. Each service area should be 10’ wide and 15’ long with the non-volley zone being 20’ feet wide and 14’ long (7’ on each side of the net). The net should be 36” tall at the sideline and 34” in the middle.
Here is a helpful graphic from USAPickleball highlighting court dimensions:
- Tape or chalk a 20’ line where you would like the net to go
- Extend tape or chalk 22’ in each direction from the end of the net line to create one 44’ sideline
- Tape or chalk another 44’ line on the other side to create the other sideline
- Connect the two sides with a 20’ line on each end to create the baselines
- Measure 7’ out from the net line in each direction and tape or chalk a 20’ line across the court to create the non-volley zone
- Measure 10’ in from the sideline and tape or chalk a 15’ line from the volley zone to the baseline, creating the left and right service area on both sides of the net
- Set up the net
- Play! www.pickleplay.com is here to help you anytime!